Group 2 Fixtures
Fixture 1 to be played by 19th October
Bovington v Bere Regis
Wareham St Mary v Sandford
Wool Primary - No Match
Fixture 2 to be played by 16th November
Bere Regis v Wool Primary
Wareham St Mary v Bovington
Sandford - No Match
Fixture 3 to be played by 21st December
Bere Regis v Wareham St Mary
Sandford v Wool Primary
Bovington - No Match
Fixture 4 to be played by 25th January
Sandford v Bere Regis
Wool Primary v Bovington
Wareham St Mary - No Match
Fixture 5 to be played by 8th March
Bovington v Sandford
Wool Primary v Wareham St Mary
Bere Regis - No Match
PURBECK PRIMARY SCHOOLS FOOTBALL COMPETITION
Nine Primary Schools have entered. These have been organised into two Groups on a geographical basis to minimise travelling. The Groups are:
Stoborough, St George's Langton, Swanage Primary and Swanage St Mary's (A and B).
Bere Regis, Bovington, Sandford, Wareham St Mary and Wool Primary.
In Group 1, Swanage St Mary’s offered to enter two teams to make up a shortfall in numbers in that Group. In addition to providing an extra game for the other Schools in the Group, this has simplified the organisation of the competition. The two St Marys teams will be kept entirely separate and should the two teams finish first and second in the Group, the second team will withdraw. The other Schools in the Group have been asked to approve this; no objections have been received.
Each School will play every other School in its Group, resulting in four Group matches for each School. The top two Schools from each Group will go into a knock-out phase at the end of the Spring Term or in the Summer Term (avoiding SATs). The Groups will be decided as follows: points won, goal difference, goals scored. In the event that two Schools are still tied on goals scored, progression to the knock-out phase will be on the basis of the result between them.
* Please see fixtures below.
* Please keep to the timetable.
* The home side is responsible for organising the fixture and for making contact with the other School to arrange timing, venue etc.
* If a ‘home’ team does not have a pitch, the match will be played at the ‘away’ venue, or at a mutually convenient location. Purbeck School may be able to help if necessary with their Astro pitches.
* The home team are responsible for supplying a suitably qualified referee agreed by both Schools. * The home side should report results to email@example.com.
* In the event of a School cancelling a match on a number of occasions, as a last resort, the match may be awarded to the other School with a score of 0-3.
* Seven aside, maximum squad size for any match - eleven.
* Years 6 and 5. Year 4 children can play at the discretion of the School.
* Players must wear shin guards; shin guards must be covered entirely by socks.
* No offside.
* Goalkeepers must wear a distinguishing playing strip.
* Duration - 30 minutes each way.