Our vision for Bovington Primary School is made up from the ethos, aims and values that are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Nurturing curiosity, growth and resilience.
- To nurture children’s curiosity through the the provision of an environment and opportunities for independent play, exploration and the development of questioning, language, communication and social skills;
- To teach all children to master and apply the basic skills of phonics, reading, writing and maths to develop a love of language, reading and writing and of successfully solving problems;
- To build the character of each unique child to be emotionally resilient, develop grit and to be able to learn through failure with determination to never give up;
- To enable all children to thrive, in a culture of respect and contribution, equality and accountability, and high expectations and resilience;
- To include all children through minimizing barriers to learning and strong knowledge of each individual child to ensure learning and progress;
- To ensure children are safe, happy and healthy.
Aims and values
- To develop language for thinking and enquiry and intellectual curiosity;
- To build deep learning and mastery in the basic skills with rich and exciting opportunities and contexts to apply them across the wider curriculum;
- To develop healthy and resilient emotional and physical habits for life;
- To inspire and support each unique child to find their element and passion through a breadth of experiences and a vibrant curriculum;
- To respect the rights of every child and to engender an understanding of responsibilities and values, including British Values to become a functioning and contributing citizen.
- To provide creative, active and stimulating teaching and learning that has outcomes and purposes that challenge children to grow and step up.
- To value the success and contribution of all children and teach them to persist and improve through failure to mastery.
- To provide outstanding pastoral care which develops fulfilled, successful and happy children
- To provide teaching of the highest standard with critically self reflective teachers who constantly seek to improve teaching and learning
- To work in partnership with parents and the community to provide the best opportunities for all pupils.
- To value all staff, at every level of the school through the best provision, training and support so that learning and self improvement operate to ensure the best outcomes for our pupils.
- To support and develop the effective practice of future teachers and support staff in other schools and settings through collaboration, the sharing of practice, involvement in research and the leading of high quality professional development.